How do I make my Gmail folders visible in IMAP?
The Import Portal tool is only able to transfer Gmail folders that are visible in IMAP. To make all of your folders visible in IMAP, follow these steps:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon on the right hand side and select 'Settings'.
- Click the blue "Labels" tag.
- For the labels you wish to transfer, the 'Show in IMAP' checkbox needs to be checked. If there is no checkbox, you will first need to enable IMAP.
- Click the 'Save Changes' button.
After those settings are adjusted, head over to the Import Portal to begin a second email import. None of the emails that were migrated the first time will be duplicated - only the new ones will be transferred.